Saturday, July 9, 2011

In the Past part 1

This coming Friday I'm having a yard sale (Lake Linden Ave, Laurium btw) so I've been ripping through my things I no longer want with abandon.

I've chosen to get rid of my photo albums since the only times I look at them is when I'm packing them to move, which makes them useless in my mind. Besides, since I've got a digital camera I keep most of my images on my computer.

The best of which I post here. Which I thought I'd do with these. I tried to pair them down to images people I know in my audience would be interested in.

We're starting with high school. There are no good pictures of high school. It is a fact of life.

I was a big fan of my first prom date. And no, I refuse to apologize for that pun.

McGarr. She was a crazy one. That totally explains why we were friends.

How many other people had their prom in a Hockey Stadium? Just us? Yeeeeeesh....

KT as Madame President in the school play "The Mouse that Roared" We were a nerdy group.

If I wasn't a high schooler when I took this, I probably would have thought harder about using a camera in the girls locker room. Luckily, Liz was decent (clothing wise anyway...no comment on mental states)

Not only was I on the swim team, but it was an awesome swim team. Despite me being on it.

Lauren is one of the few people who can wear an Adidas t-shirt, track pants and eat a caramel apple sucker and still look poetic. I might even guess she's the ONLY person who can do this.

I was in choir and a pep band groupie. Not actually in pep band, but there often enough even the music teacher sometimes thinks I was.

Senior Music Trip. We go to one of the US cultural centers (Chicago) and spend a day at an arcade.  N-E-R-D-S. (I mentioned that already? Well, it's still true)

Our old dog Suzy. I took enough pictures of her that I could post one a day for a year without  repeating. I have no idea why I thought she was so very interesting, she didn't do much (except eventually learn to run away from the camera)

Sometimes I'm pretty sure gulls are more intelligent then they let on.

This picture is the reason I only wear shorts to the beach and around the house. WHY AM I POSTING IT ON THE INTERNET?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

Well, I hope you all enjoyed an embarrassing look into 9 years ago. And that was after I got rid of all the really nerdy stuff. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. The pictures in photo albums are for showing to your grandkids when you are 90. They are not for you at 20 something. Oh, the other use is to embarrass classmates at class reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or...fodder for a blog post.

    I will neither have grandchildren nor attend a class reunion. Guess I really don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of your fan pun photo.

    And the seagull, of course.

    Overall, I just enjoy looking at other peoples old photos. Each one says so much with no words.

    ReplyDelete