Friday, November 18, 2011

TGIF



If you wanna take some action, you can go here.

Now on to more pleasant things.

Tuesday was...yellow. And very DIY. The skirt I wore was made out of an old pillowcase using this tutorial from chic-steals. A once-was-white jacket I bought at Goodwill and altered into a little navy bolero with a homemade apple patch and a stencil of "Judge if you want, we are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." from the webcomic A Softer World, and a pair of white fishnets I shiboried in yellow dye.

Things I did not make/alter that I wore were my olive green Doc Martins (remind me to tell you their story someday if you haven't already heard it...) and my beautiful Pancake Mountain shirt from Threadless.

Recently I went on a tear through my wardrobe getting rid of things I didn't wear any more, had multiples of or felt I was out growing. Out the door went many, many screen-printed tees. I held a few back because with out t-shirts, I don't think I would know how to dress myself in the morning (or noon, or night, it would be pants-on-head madness up in here 24/7). But a majority of my cute/clever/Engrish shirts went out the door. I feel I have come to an age in my life where it's starting to feel way too teeny-bopper-ey to be going through my day-to-day wearing screen printed tees.

Not that I wore so many in the first place. I never got on-board with the whole corporate-logo t-shirt thing that was big when I was a teen (Nike and the like). When people started wearing band tees, comic book tees or movie tees, it just felt like the same thing. If companies want the privilege of using my chest for advertising, they can pay me for it. I ain't forkin' over $20 so that people can read my opinion of Limp Bizkit (yes...I'm that old...moving on) on my shirt. I will tell people my thoughts for free, but I'm not paying anyone to do it.

I don't know if you've shopped for t-shirts recently, but these opinions pretty much regulates me into the little old lady parts of the store where I can get solids or a nice floral print if I'm feeling daring.

I guess the lesson here is if you're going to have principles about buying t-shirts, then you probably won't buy a lot of t-shirts...

No comments:

Post a Comment