Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on Monday

So Monday, Ansley and I are at work because, well, no one told us the gallery might be closed on Labor day. So we're sitting there talking to each other about the list of stuff we're hoping to accomplish that day when Ansley notices that Chuck hasn't picked up Stacey's envelope yet. THEN we start wondering if we're supposed to even be OPEN on Labor day, Saturday we had both gotten a call from Gloria asking us if we were open on Labor day.

So then Ansley's like "I wonder if Stacy's in the office."

"I bet she's not. I bet they figured we were to smart to come into work on Labor day."

"In that case, they have severely overestimated our intelligence. I'm going to call Stacey."

One phone call later, and Stacey's not in the office. Ansley informs me of this and I mention we could try her at home, we have like, four numbers for her so we might as well make use of them.

Turns out Stacey is in fact, at home. She asked us what we were doing there on a Sunday. (It was in fact, Monday, one of the many benefits of going to church is not loosing track of the weekend)

It turns out that the Vertin Gallery is not normally open on Labor Day. Even though we were, until about 2:30 when Ansley and I decided to call it quits when no one had come in for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment