Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Moving!

The Old Kitchen
So remember how I was complaining about this tiny hallway-with-a-sink? It has no counter space, as previously stated. I have the world's wonkiest stove (one burner super-heats my pans TO THE FLASH POINT OF OIL, I am now the most calm person when confronted with a kitchen fire, one burner doesn't work and one burner will shock you continuously if you use a metal spoon, there is one normal burner luckily). The cupboards are so narrow that very few things fit in them, including my wok, serving platter and anything economy-sized. My brother would want me to mention the window that faces out into the hallway, he thinks it's creepy. On the bright side, mopping the kitchen is quick and easy.

The NEW Kitchen
Meet my new kitchen! That door goes to the back porch, which is also the access to the basement, where the laundry is! It even has a pantry and isn't so small that you could run into yourself. Plus hardwood flooring! Woo!


It's about a mile away from my new job, so I'll be able to walk and bike to work in a nice duplex. I'm meeting with the landlord tomorrow to take care of the paperwork and transferring the utilities into my name.

There were no shots of upstairs posted in the listing, probably because most of the house is in the black/white and gray, but there is this ONE room upstairs, closed off from the rest of the house that has faux woodpaneling and orange carpet . THE VERY SAME ORANGE THAT IS ON MY COUNTER TOPS RIGHT NOW!!! Which is pretty much how I know this was the place for me. I promise to get you an image of this wonderful carpet as soon as I am able.

The furnishings in the pics are not mine. My furniture consists of bookshelves and a coffee-table. That's it. Needless to say, I'm now in the market for furniture!

View from kitchen into dinning room
View of the sitting room from front door 
You can see the "For Rent" signs in my side of the house

4 comments:

  1. hello! I just moved myself and lost my internets until today. thought i'd give you a hello-hello to let you know that i got your message and can now comment on your blogamajig. hope all is well.

    william

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well is all, I'm still meaning to give a meaningful replay to that e-mail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is still some stuff in the yellow box...hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I'm taking the white rug at least. I have a bed now from a friend!

    ReplyDelete