Saturday, October 9, 2010

On My Way Home from the Market

I don't know what this structure is/was, and now it's in the middle of nowhere advertising things that don't exist.

I am so very tired right now. All the fraking time. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, there seem to be just some periods of my existence where I can't escape this fatigued state. It was practically impossible getting up this morning to make my Noon appointment with the eye doctor. Seriously ridiculous. Everything has to start with a mini-argument in my head between the part of myself who wants to accomplish things and be a productive member of society and the other that just wants to go back to sleep. It's a lot less that I have a good conscience and a bad conscience and much more like Goofus and Gallent are living in my head.

Anyways, after the appointment, I did my grocery shopping and was headed home when another argument started:

Gallent: The light today is great, the fall colors are peaking and the sky is clear. We should stop and take some reference pictures for that painting series we want to do.
Goofus: I want to go to bed. And eat cake. Possibly at the same time.
Gallent: But we don't have any pictures of old buildings in the fall! Everything we have is late summer. If we wait much longer we will have to wait for next year!
Goofus: Cake. Sleep. Not necessarily in that order.

As you can probably tell, Gallent won. Poor Goofus doesn't have much of a track record unless I'm already at home. Which is why not a lot of chores get done. Ech.

Anyways, on with the photos!


When I see graffiti like this I always wonder if it still is true. And how Roxy feels about Josh.

Call of the Wild.

So there's this little town that has 4 phone booths. There's like, 8 houses and 4 phone booths. This one is right across the street from the blue one.

I had Lady Gaga and Beyonce stuck in my head after this.

This building is across the highway from the dredge. I'm not sure what it is/was but I'd guess it has something to do with refining something, probably copper.

Rusty Gears <3. And those white things? Not icicles.

BABY STALACTITES! This one is blue.

AND BABY STALAGMITES! This place is going to be so cool in a couple million years.

This is the dredge. If you can not tell by the horizon line, it is sinking into the lake.

I'm not really sure why I felt like taking pictures with the sun today.

Somehow, some magic how I accidentally got a tilt/shift effect with my digital point-and-shoot. I don't even know how that works.

This is a mushroom that looks like a potato shaped like a mushroom! Also if you squeeze it, spores poof out.
 This is exactly why I can't have ice-cream. Except in winter!

3 comments:

  1. The further north you get, the higher the telephone booth ratio. This applies to pretty much everywhere until you hit Canada. I can only assume that these little towns are preparing for the inevitable day, when a journalist from The Daily Planet arrives on the same day a meteor is about to crash into the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! Now you deserve to go to bed and/or eat all the cake you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is by no coincidence that by going north, you also get closer to the supposed location of the Fortress of Solitude.

    ReplyDelete