Thursday, December 9, 2010

#30

Post # 30 in a row! YEEEEAH. This is officially the thing I have stuck with longest when the only motivating factor is my self-discipline.

What I've learned:
This is also probably the last journal-style post I'll be making for awhile. I'm going to go out and do something interesting first and come back to tell you about it. Maybe with pictures. Likely at least once a month.

I will be continuing with the New Artist Crush Mondays and Random Word Generated Friday posts. One gives me a chance to blather on about art, which I like doing, and the other is a very good writing exercise I'd like to keep up since I'm doing a lot of writing for work.

Added to that, if I can get the equipment together, I might throw in a personal art day with a post relating to whatever art project I'm working on. Probably Wednesdays. I'm hoping this will give me a reason to make time for continuing my art and building my artist career.

I'm also considering a video game related post and "Tales from the Nursery" since 4 year olds do something interesting every week, but I think we will wait to see how the personal art days work out first.

Art, creative writing, fashion, video games and children with the occasional baking obsession. I don't know if I lack focus or just need to create a new niche for myself. I don't know of a moniker that covers all of those interests. Guess I'll just have to stick with nerd.

4 comments:

  1. thats why you make up a new moniker and use it often until you hear people you don't know use it. my vote is a "saanders," but thats just because i still call you that. less of an adjustment on my part.

    also, commenting on your last post, "dye yn a fyre"....priceless

    -william

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you describe me to people, do your really tell them I'm a saanders? Because if memory serves, someone once told me it's the name of a monster and proceeded to show me a picture of a drooling, charging beast.

    That someone, of course, being you.

    And while that may be an accurate description of how you see me, I do try to be less violent than I have in the past and I'm not sure that would help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course thats not how I see you, and the monster wasn't drooling. it was a rock monster that converted whole people into little bits of whole people.

    also, i said that i still sometimes call you saanders, not that i describe you as a saanders.

    point, however, taken.

    -william

    p.s. e-mails will be returned later in the week. william is a busy boy until friday...or possibly the the wednesday after the upcoming one....i'll try to shoot you back before thursday...glarg

    p.s.s. i abhor "p.s.'s" they're so asinine it makes my organs hurt. i only use them sparingly, and even then just to see if they still bother me so flippin' much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.'s sound a lot gentler on you than saanders tend to be.

    ReplyDelete