Friday, May 18, 2012

Random Word Generated Fridays: Contradiction

Aaahh contradiction. One of my favorite things to do. I think a lot of people around me believe I do it to be argumentative or that I enjoy playing the devil's advocate. My reasons for being contrary most of the time is it makes people think. There are dozens of ways to get people's gears turning without getting them hot under the collar, but I don't find them nearly as effective or quick then making them argue their point.

This is a tactic my professors often used in art school. They always would rip apart a students work so they would have to defend their decisions. This quickly weeded out artists who would just stick their pencil to paper and start drawing without a plan. Which is a hint. Good artists always plan. A painting is a well thought out idea at it's very birth.

Of course now I have difficulty saying the word without a faux Scottish accent thanks to the Starburst commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment