Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Correction

I must apologize for yesterdays post and how it was taken (particularly by my loved ones). Yes, events in my life right now have been chaotic and hectic and generally not good.

That is not to say I am not doing well. I am happy and healthy, a little unmotivated because too much free time tends to do that to me. When there are too many "laters" and not enough "deadlines" I get really unfocused.

I wrote about yesterday in third person to try and make light of the situation, however after hearing people's reactions to it, it was a failed attempt. I also thought it might sound a little less whiny if I wrote about what happened yesterday in third person. It was also kind of a fun writing experiment, I felt like a character in a nior story.

In short, thank you for your concern and I'm sorry I worried you.

4 comments:

  1. M. Night ShamalamadamascramaFebruary 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM

    If there's one thing I've learned about the internet, it's actually incredibly hard to get negative feedback, but if you fake a sneeze you get 10,000 bless-you's back. Also, did he sneak you an extra patty or did you abscond with someone else's similar order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as I was the only one in there at the time, no, no I do not think I got someone else's order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never apologize for the truth... even when it ain't pretty, it's all you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have to be sorry about the truth, but I can be sorry if it hurts. They are two different yet related things, sometimes doing the right thing is going to hurt someone, you don't have to be sorry about doing the right thing, but you should be sorry someone got hurt.

    I'm not sorry about recounting my cruddy day, I am sorry that my playful mood, despite it, did not come through in my writing.

    ReplyDelete