Monday, February 14, 2011

New Artist Crush Mondays: Micheal Whelan

Back into Hell/ Bat Out of Hell 2 cover art by Micheal Whelan
One of the things I've learned since starting this series of articles of artists I'm inspired by is that I've been collecting Micheal Whelan's work for a long time without even realizing it.

He's done an number of book and album covers that I have picked up more because I like the pictures than any interest in the content (this is largely due to the number of pulp-fantasy novels he's done covers for, there are only so many times you can read pulp writing of fantasy tropes). He's also done work for some much better written stuff as well, and well known musicians.

Link:
http://www.michaelwhelan.com/

2 comments:

  1. I am simply amazed at how many things I own that are apparently illustrated by this man. who knew?

    william

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwa ha ha ha ha! Art is all around you.

    ReplyDelete