Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Artist Crush: Proper Etiquette

Sorry this post is late. My life has gotten a little hectic right now at work and I think I'm coming down with a cold, so finding energy this week has been a little challenging.

This week's artist crush: Proper Etiquette

Many of my artists I look to for inspiration and influence come from when I was in college. There are few people who will influence you more in life than your peers. Being able to discuss and critique each other will influence the way you think and draw.

I had the great fortune of meeting Proper Etiquette while I was in college. She is an ambitious woman pursuing both fashion and the studio arts with fervor and an uncompromising vision for her self and her art. I have never witnessed her breaking down in the face of obstacles, and she has met every artistic challenge to the satisfaction of her own standards. Proper Etiquette is not one to play by someone else's rules.

Her fashion work is both highly experimental and new while reaching back and taking influence from the past, incorporating themes and styles that would normally be regulated to the realm of period costume and made them relevant to her style.

In her studio art work she works relentlessly to bring her visions of a fantasy world to life in all her images. Her drive and energies seem to be ever flowing from her source, allowing her to create large bodies of work in time to meet deadlines that would give a lesser man a heart attack.

To learn more about Proper Etiquette, or to purchase some of her work for yourself visit her site http://www.properetiquette.biz/.

No comments:

Post a Comment