Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am a bad cook.

Today I put half an acorn squash in the microwave to cook it. Instead, it decided to turn in to a fireball and explode.

Oddly enough, the microwave still works.

This turn of events meant I had to go grocery shopping since the only other thing to eat in the house was a couple of cans of butter beans and rice. For some reason, I decided that I did not need to make any kind of menu or list or guide lines for my shopping trip.

So there I am at the grocery store hungry (bad), tired (bad) and somewhat shaken by the explodability of acorn squash (very bad) with no real plan of what to buy other than "food" (also bad). This lead to forty minutes of wandering up and down aisles trying to come up with meal plans while telling my inner child that "all the food" is not a good idea and neither is "all the candy". My inner child is not helpful, but very loud. I am dreading the day she realizes that we could have bacon all the time.

What this week's meal plan finally boiled down to was nachos and chili cheese fries. I am the healthiest person ever.

Oh, and I got another acorn squash, because what are the chances of it exploding again?

4 comments:

  1. I should really come over there and make you dinner sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should come over and make me dinner. That way there is a much reduced chance of me burning down civilization. Seriously, how do you accidentally set fire to stuff in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen people (literally) make bombs out of microwaves. Everyone has their days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of making and freezing some meals you could microwave, but now I'm not so sure....I would hate for my food being the means for you to realize your dreams of blowing up the world - or at least your kitchen!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete