Friday, November 26, 2010

Random Word Generated Friday

This Friday's Random Word: Liquid

I'm sitting here with my brother as I write this and he asked what today's word was.

"Liquid," I told him, "Somewhat ironic seeing as the last one was "Solid""

"Too bad it wasn't gas and doesn't have anything to do with gas." He replied.

"It does now." I said with a laugh.

"Hoo boy."

The reason he even brought it up was we went out earlier today to bust down the doors for Black Friday shopping at the crack of evening. We stopped for tacos at this Mexican place and got back in the car when I noticed something was off.

Being the neurotic person I can be at random intervals of total lack of sanity I started worrying I had forgotten something in the car and it was beginning to rot. Or maybe it was my breath. Or maybe that demon stench was just me, had I remembered to put on deodorant? What was my brother thinking about the smell? Did he notice it? Was he thinking I stank like the butt hole of Hell but too polite to mention anything? I realized I had to say something about the smell eventually. I was never very good at ignoring the elephant in the room, or in this case, the elephant sized gas cloud that seemed to envelope the inside of the car. How was he not noticing? Why wasn't he asking about that stink?

"The car smells weird." I said tentatively, this did not begin to cover the smell but I just wanted to begin discussion on the air quality of the car interior. Maybe some how this was not my fault.

"That's because I farted." My brother said casually. He could not understand why this statement was followed by 15 minutes of laughter.

I have the mentality of a neurotic gopher and the humor of a 3rd grade boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment