Monday, November 22, 2010

New Artist Crush Mondays: Chic Steals

Quartz Point Crystal Cluster Ring
This week's Artist Crush is Carly J. Cais a Fashionable DIYer who writes her own blog Chic Steals studied film in college and has certificates in Animation and Animation Direction from a two year program in Japan. Currently she is challenging herself to wear 30 outfits in 30 days without repeating any clothing and always including something she made or DIY'd.

I first came across Chic Steals because I am addicted to DIY tutorials. I draw a lot of inspiration from Cais in my own wardrobe as I try to phase out my tweenage gear for something more adult, but still fashionable. Left to my own devices I would look like a gumball machine or a cartoon character. Possibly both.

Growing up in Japan, and making frequent trips back there I see a lot of Tokyo fashion influence in her style, while still having a foundation in Western fashion which, I think, gives her looks a unique fusion that to me is very cutting edge. Her tutorials are always clear and well written with helpful photos, so I get my DIY fix as well as my fashion fix.

I spend a lot of time window shopping in her etsy store: Carly j Cais

No comments:

Post a Comment